We’re excited to introduce you to Accessible Travel Solutions – A company committed to providing disabled travelers and travel agents the best in accessible travel services! Below you’ll find answers to some frequently asked questions about our company, our services and how you can benefit from booking through Accessible Travel Solutions.
Services and Destinations
What kind of services do you provide?
- Accessible Tours - Accessible tours with step free tour routes, professional tour guides and accessible vehicles (if an accessible vehicle is not available in the destination, the tour description will make note of it).
- Accessible Transfers - Accessible van transfers between a variety of airports, cruise ports, hotels and train stations. The accessible vans have wheelchair ramps or lifts to transfer disabled travelers.
- Accessible Escorted Group Travel - Accessible Group Travel escorted by an Accessible Travel Solutions employee to handle all travel logistics. Packages include accessible accommodation, accessible guided tours and accessible transfers.
- Accessible European Land Packages - Accessible, comprehensive pre-cruise and travel packages throughout the most popular cities in Europe. Packages include accessible accommodation in an exclusive, hand-picked hotel conveniently located for disabled and senior travelers, accessible transfers, wheelchair friendly guided tours and much more!
How can I be sure your services are accessible? Accessible travel is all we do! We have personally visited and researched accessibility in well over 150+ cities throughout Europe and the Caribbean. In order to accommodate different kinds of disabled travelers, we have implemented an Accessibility Rating System, indicating the accessibility ease of each service offered. You can read more about the star rating system here Accessibility Rating Explanations.
Do your tour guides and drivers speak English? Yes. Our tour guides are some of the best out there! They are professionally, licensed tour guides (in destinations where licensing is provided), and they are trained to conduct tours for English speaking travelers.
What destinations do you provide services in? We currently offer our accessible tour and transportation services in 40+ destinations throughout Europe and 12+ destinations in the Caribbean. For a complete list of our current destinations, please use the dropdown “destinations” menu in the navigation bar located on the left side. Our list is always growing so check back frequently!
The Booking Process
How long will it take to set up an account with ATS? Setting up an account with ATS is easy and will only take you a few minutes. Your account information will automatically be saved in our system and you can easily update it if needed. Once you have created your account, you will be able to make future bookings by logging in with your username and password.
How do I book tours and transfers for my clients online? Booking tours and transfers through ATS is easy! Once you have created an account, simply login and start adding tours to your cart by using the dropdown on the left side of your screen. Once you find the destination you are looking for, simply click on it and you will navigated to the tours and transportation options available for the specific destination. You can add a tour to your virtual cart by filling out the form on the right side on the specific tour page and clicking the “add to cart” button right below.
How far in advance should I book tours and transfers for my clients? We strongly recommend booking as far in advance as possible to secure availability. Please note there will be a $50 rush fee added for each tour and/or transfer booked less than 7 days before the requested service date.
What details do I need to make a booking for my client? In order to make a booking you will need your client’s full name and billing address. We also suggest you have their mobility equipment type and specifications ready to enter if possible, and the phone number they will be using while traveling. If your client is going on a cruise, please provide us with the ship details as well.
How will I receive my confirmation and booking details? Once you have added the desired accessible services to your virtual cart, checked out and the payment has been processed, you will receive a confirmation number instantly. Save this reference number for any future correspondence. Once the services are confirmed with our accessible suppliers, you will receive a confirmation via email including a detailed itinerary. Please note that bookings are not guaranteed until you receive this itinerary.
What if my client wants a tour or transfer different from the ones you offer? In most cases, we are able to offer custom tours based on your clients’ requests. If you would like a quote for a specific request, you can click on the desired destination in the drop down menu on the left side and choose the option called “Custom Accessible Tour”. You will then be able to fill out a custom tour request form and we will send you a quote. For transfers, simply click on the desired destination, choose the “Transfer” option and in the drop down menu of the form, select the option that says “Other – you will receive a price quote”.
Can I cancel bookings after they have been confirmed?
- Tours and Transfers Cancellation Policy: 80% refund with 10 days notice. No refund with less than 10 days notice. It is your responsibility to communicate with your cruise line to understand any restrictions on disabled passengers using cruise tenders.
- Travel Package Cancellation Policy: 80% refund with 30 days notice. No refund with less than 30 days notice. We encourage you to purchase travel insurance to cover you in the case of trip cancellation.
- Escorted Group Travel Cancellation Policy: 80% refund with 120 days notice. No refund with less than 120 days notice. We encourage you to purchase travel insurance to cover you in the case of trip cancellation.
Will my clients risk missing their ship if I don't book their tours or transfers directly with the cruise line? Absolutely not. Our accessible tour and transfer providers have several years of experience touring with cruise passengers and are well aware of the time needed to get your client back to the pier in time.
What if my client's ship is redirected or cannot dock as planned? One of the great things about booking your accessible travel services through ATS is that we offer accessible services in destinations all throughout Europe and the Caribbean. Should your client's ship be redirected to another port, we will most likely, if notified in time, be able to set up a different tour depending on where the ship is redirected to.
What if my client doesn't show up? We do not provide refunds to any customer who doesn't show up for a tour or transfer at the designated time or place or decides to shorten a tour. Tours run rain or shine.
Do you work with Travel Agents? Yes. Accessible Travel Solutions is a service designed to make your job much easier. We have done the research, found the best accessible suppliers and created accessible memorable tours and transportation options for your clients. Once you make a booking in the ATS system, we handle all the “behind the scenes” work for you.
Do you offer commission? Yes. We offer you a 10 % commission on all booked and completed tours and transfers through ATS.
How will I receive my commission? Once your commission amount reaches $100 you will receive the amount via your PayPal account or regular bank transfer. You will be asked to provide us with this information when you create an account.